Hi, and welcome to TheOASG.
We like anime and manga. Both are awful and cool, sometimes at the same time, sometimes not so much.
Supporting the industry is good. That means supporting them when we can, and calling them out on their mistakes so they can be better.
We’re a bunch of anti-social people who like anime and/or manga. So please follow us as we try to show you how you can watch anime and manga legally.
Support TheOASG by subscribing to us via the following:
Articles for your perusing pleasure:
- Did you know your cover of Dimension W glows? You do now. Here’s why.
- 5 things you should know when shopping for otaku stuff.
- The story of that traveling manga library you might’ve seen around your con.
- How anime and manga translators learned Japanese.
- Here’s some steps on how to become a student in Japan.
- Here’s a publisher that’s devoted to publishing shoujo and josei for girls.
- A premier on Belladonna of Sadness.
- Here’s the life of a freelance manga translator, told by a freelance manga translator.
- And hey, LNs! Here’s suggestions on how LNs can continue to grow in the West.
Our General Schedule:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and/or Fridays: Manga or Light Novel Review(s), from multiple writers.
Tuesdays: Neomo’s Otaku Theater. Thoughts about the current season’s offerings, alongside reviews of current shows. By Neomo.
Wednesdays: Please Save My Money. Learn about ways to save how much you spend. Or learn about companies looking to make you do so. From Krystallina.
Every other Friday: It’s Not My Fault This Podcast Isn’t Popular!. Hosted by Justin and Helen, who get together over the internet to chat about the latest news in the industry.
Once a month: Translator Tea Time: Manga translators carve time out of their busy schedules to give advice and share their experiences in the industry. Hosted by Jenny McKeon and Amanda Haley.
More often than not, we aim to have articles up 5-6 days during the week. Any changes will be updated when timely.