So, with a number of people doing creative things out there, here's a roundup of those people doing creative things.
So eons ago, or last year, I actually retired looking up articles online. There were a number of reasons why this was the case, but simply put, I wasn’t enthused about doing it weekly anymore. But there are some great articles there that a mere tweet would not do. So, what could I do about it?
Welp, focus on having it at the end of the month.
And that’s what Reference Resource Monthly is, which will have links, videos, OASG article roundups, and more from around the anime and manga industry and community. Chances are I’ll find something worthwhile, but if you guys have stories, send that email! (Contact at theoasg dot com).
Now, onto the stories…
Some OASG stuff we worked on
- Muse’s watching Slayers, so feel free to check out her exploits there.
- Helen and I reviewed Baccano! because it’s awesome.
- I kicked off the inaugural Lab Report series with an interview with VA Katelyn Barr.
- Finally, we had a manga industry person write about joining the manga industry.
Stories for the Month
- Fantastic piece on how you can get your family to watch anime with you.
- So you’ll have to answer this question: can a fandom destroy an anime for you? Especially if you liked it?
- This may have been Satoshi Kon’s final film, as part of Ani*Kuri.
- If you’re watching an anime, let’s just say sound design might be important. Somewhat.
- Let’s find out what inspired the creator of Soremachi, eh?
- Is it really better to have a few things you like, or is that not so good?
- Somehow, a SFW post on porn. Yes it’s possible.
- Ooh, Pachinko.
- Finally, a pretty importance piece to read: How I Learned to Stop Sorrying and Love Being an Otaku.
Franken-Fran Volume 3-4, because all the horror.
Slayers Next, because Slayers.
Also have a review of a Ghibli film, Whisper of The Heart.
Everyone’s Getting Married Volume 1. Is everyone getting married?!?
Kuma Miko, because it’s a bear and a Miko sitting in…ok nvm.
The Asterisk War, since a LN turned into anime had to be here.
Hey, if you need stuff to listen to for the month, here you go:
The 300th Episode of The Baka-Cast, which is a lot of episodes: The Budweiser of Feminism
Finally, Episode 45: “My Toasty Academia”
Less Reading, More Watching
Tweets That Inspire Or…Do The Opposite
— Catsuka (@catsuka) June 5, 2016
This is in the bathroom at work??? pic.twitter.com/GbgChYr6el
— Hannako ✨ RCCC B-03 (@thisishannako) June 7, 2016
— Khursten Santos🍥🍜 (@khursten) June 9, 2016
Mr. Dough and the Egg Princess. 2010, dir. Hayao Miyazaki. Short film created for Ghibli Museum, like Howl on LSD. pic.twitter.com/JRRUr7CzJL
— Ghibli Blog & Vol 4 (@GhibliBlog) June 6, 2016
— Sushi-sensei 🍣 (@apricotsushi) June 6, 2016
[이이데쿠] 짱친들의 귀여움.. pic.twitter.com/UiPikcr7qq
— 연두 (@oksopi12) June 6, 2016
— Sean O'Mara (@colonydrop) June 9, 2016
Sweet things I want to eat. ( ´ ▽ ` ) pic.twitter.com/qh15hx2BBY
— Melonpan🔞 (@Meidocafe) June 13, 2016
and here, for some reason, is Sir Ian McKellen reciting the Unlimited Blade Works incantation from the Fate series. pic.twitter.com/goUi6DANTy
— zetsubouquet (@mo0ty) June 16, 2016
— T. YaoixKISSHIMNOTME (@MangaTherapy) June 25, 2016