We like anime and manga. Both are awful and cool, sometimes at the same time, sometimes not so much.
Supporting the industry is good. That means supporting them when we can, and calling them out on their mistakes so they can be better.
We’re a bunch of anti-social people who like anime and/or manga. So please follow us as we try to show you how you can watch anime and manga legally. Or email us (contact at theoasg dot com).
Articles for your perusing pleasure:
- Did you know your cover of Dimension W glows? You do now. Here’s why.
- 5 things you should know when shopping for otaku stuff.
- The story of that traveling manga library you might’ve seen around your con.
- How anime and manga translators learned Japanese.
- Here’s some steps on how to become a student in Japan.
- Here’s a publisher that’s devoted to publishing shoujo and josei for girls.
- A premier on Belladonna of Sadness.
- Here’s the life of a freelance manga translator, told by a freelance manga translator.
- And hey, LNs! Here’s suggestions on how LNs can continue to grow in the West.
Hey, we have a podcast with two manga industry translators on it! Please listen to it.
- Translator Tea Time (once a month)